Terms & Conditions.
Please read through our Terms and Conditions. You must accept these prior to booking.
- Client : The client is the person who makes the booking and takes responsibility for all other passengers in his/her party
- Airport Transfers : Transport provided to clients travelling to/from travel centres such as Airports or Train Stations to/from Méribel or Courchevel Ski Resorts
- Resort-Link Transfers : Transport provided to clients travelling to/from resorts or local towns/train stations to/from other resorts or local towns/train stations
- In-Resort Transport : Transport provided to local businesses to transport their clients within a specified resort. Méribel includes Méribel Town, Méribel Village and Raffort. It does NOT include Les Allues, Mottaret or any villages beyond Raffort or Méribel Village. Courchevel includes Courchevel Le Praz, 1550, 1650 and 1850 & La Nouvaz. It does NOT include La Tania or St Bon Tarentaise.
- When you make an advanced booking you must complete a transfer request form accepting, on behalf of your party, the terms of these booking conditions and pay the balance in full. A contract will exist when we issue our confirmation and receipt of payment.
- A client will also be deemed to have entered a contract once acceptance of a booking is confirmed either verbally or by e-mail and will abide by these terms and conditions.
- Where two or more people are included on the same booking, the person purchasing the booking shall be deemed to do so, on the basis that he/she acts as an agent for both or all members of the party, and accepts these booking conditions on behalf of each member of the party.
- Our transfer service operates on a first come first served basis, however, if all of our cars are booked we will endeavour to find an alternative service but we cannot be held responsible if none are available.
- Your airport transfer booking has been made with SARL FIRST CLASS Private Luxury Transport, details as shown on your invoice.
- The confirmation invoice/email is deemed to be your ticket and your booking reference number is as quoted as your invoice number. You may be asked to show/quote it to the chauffeur for both the outward journey and return trip.
- We reserve the right to charge a €20 admin fee should you make an amendment to the booking.
- The names of each of the passengers travelling must be provided when confirming your transfer. We have the right to refuse to transfer any client whose name is not on the booking confirmation.
- All prices are inclusive of French TVA (VAT). Prices include fuel and vehicle fees, the chauffeurs’ remuneration and legal liability insurance for all passengers.
- Prices quoted for all Transfers are in Euros.
- Please note if there are a different number of passengers on your incoming and outgoing transfer, we calculate the price based on the two equivalent single transfers less 5%.
- Payment shall be made on booking of the service, unless booking is made through one of our affiliated companies in which case the payment terms and conditions of said affiliated company shall apply.
- Account holders shall be invoiced periodically for our services.
- For all NON account holders, payment is only accepted by credit or debit card (MasterCard or Visa) and is a condition required at the time of booking.
- Payment by VISA and MasterCard are subject to bank acceptance.
- Cancellation by the client must be done in writing, with at least 8 weeks notice.
- Refunds will be made to the credit card used for payment
- If you cancel within 8 weeks of your arrival date the full price of the booking will be payable.
- If through circumstances beyond our control we are forced to cancel your transfer we reserve the right to arrange alternative transport.
- We will endeavour to provide a transfer service to the client from the collection address detailed in the booking confirmation to the destination address detailed in the booking confirmation at the time specified in the booking confirmation with the minimum delay reasonably possible. However circumstances beyond our control may not make this possible in which case we cannot be held responsible for any financial or material losses consequential or otherwise. Circumstances beyond our control include but are not restricted to the following examples;
- Any circumstance affecting the client’s or chauffeur’s safety.
- Any accident or incident causing delay whether the vehicle carrying the client is directly or indirectly involved or not involved at all.
- Any road closure or restricted access of the intended route chosen by the chauffeur.
- Any delays as a result of weather conditions.
- Any un-foreseen traffic delays.
- Any delay as a result of a flight or train being delayed thus delaying the chauffeur
- Any delay as a result of our vehicle being detained by police, customs or any other government official.
- Any delay howsoever caused by a third party or parties to include but not be restricted to industrial action, terrorism or vandalism.
- In any circumstances the liability of SARL First Class Transport shall be limited to 750 euros per passenger.
- We accept no responsibility for valuables left in our vehicles.
- We strongly recommend that clients should take out their own holiday insurance. SARL First Class Transport will take no responsibility for those who are not covered.
- Please ensure that your phone number given on the booking form is an operational mobile phone number that will work abroad as we cannot be held liable for any costs that you may incur, if we are unable to contact you.
- For return airport transfers, we will contact you between 24 and 48 hours before to confirm your departure time and transfer details.
- Please check for messages on arrival at the airport and up to 48 hours prior to departure in case we have tried to get in contact with you.
- The destination and pick-up addresses on the ticket are the address to which you will be delivered and picked up. If it is necessary for you to collect keys from an agency or post-box, it is your responsibility to advise us in advance. If no pre-warning is given then key collection will be at the chauffeur’s discretion and may be refused if the vehicle is to be used for a consecutive transfer. The chauffeur will endeavour to locate the accommodation or agency in advance; however, it is ultimately your responsibility to obtain directions.
- We reserve the right to add a fuel surcharge to the cost of a transfer should fuel prices rise excessively.
- We reserve the right to use a different transfer operator in exceptional circumstances; they must be fully registered and approved.
- En route requests to stop for shopping or other non-essential items are normally not possible unless pre arranged at the time of booking.
- It is forbidden to smoke, consume alcohol or use illegal drugs whilst in our transfer vehicle.
- We reserve the right to refuse to transport any client who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs or who is considered by the chauffeur to pose a threat to the chauffeur or other passengers.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- For departure times from chalets, we normally allow at least 2 hours for check in at airports plus the normal transfer time. Although we will do everything in our power to stick to these time allowances, we reserve the right to adjust departure times as we see fit. Confirmation of chalet departure times will be communicated to up to 48hrs before departure. If you want to specify a departure time outside of the above guidelines we will do everything in our power to fit in with those requests however we cannot guarantee that they can be met and if we do agree to a “preferred chalet departure time”, cannot be held responsible for any delays and repercussions of said delays. Transfer times to and from airports are given as a guidance and are available on request.
- ALL RESORT-LINK transfers MUST be confirmed via the FIRST CLASS office
- RESORT-LINK Returns, with specified times, MUST be booked in advance via the FIRST CLASS office
- Please note, chauffeurs cannot wait for passengers at the second resort
- If your flight is delayed by more than 2 hours we reserve the right to organise alternative transport and any additional costs will be charged to you.
- In the event that your flight is delayed, it is your responsibility to call us on +33 479000913 and inform us of the delay. Failure to do so may end up in a cancellation of your transfer.
- If we are unable to wait beyond 2 hours from the client’s scheduled arrival time, we reserve the right to suspend the booking and continue with other business which means the client would need to re-book upon arrival and we will return as soon as possible to continue the booking. We will only exercise this right in the event that the delay compromises the service to other clients’ bookings scheduled to follow the delayed booking. It is therefore essential the client contacts First Class Transport by telephone in the event of their flight departure being delayed by more than 20 minutes to advise of any delay so as we can endeavour to provide the best possible service for the client. Waiting time will be charged at €75.00 per hours
- We endeavour where possible and subject to our schedule to provide the client with a replacement transfer if diverted to an alternative airport or station. Additional costs may apply and will be quoted at the time of re-schedule.
- We will not be liable for any charges if the client has missed flights due to unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event of a third party supplier being contracted to provide the transfer on behalf of the client, we are not liable for any actions or the consequences of any actions of the third party supplier whilst the client is in the care of the third party supplier. The client shall accept and travel under the public liability insurance of the third party supplier and any claims arising during the period of the time the client is in the care of the third party supplier must be directed to the third party supplier.
- If the client’s flight or train is diverted to an alternative airport or rail station we will endeavour where possible and subject to other booking commitments to provide the client with an alternative transfer to or from the new collection or destination address at our discretion. Any extra costs implied will be due by you. In certain circumstances the client may be able to claim this amount through their travel insurance.
- This service is provided for the exclusive use of guests of Companies that have contracts to do so with First Class Transport.
- For reservations made in advance, our goal is to meet the guests at the agreed time.
- For non advance reservations, our goal is to respond to all requests within 15 minutes of a reservation.
- Although we will do everything in our power to stick to the above guidelines, due to traffic and road conditions and circumstances beyond our control, we cannot be held responsible for delays or repercussions of any delays in this service.
- All reservations must be made and confirmed via the chalet manager, directly with the chauffeur on duty or with the First Class Transports Office.
- For all bookings our chauffeurs will wait for a maximum of 15 minutes. If, in these circumstances the guests are later than 15 minutes, the guests will need to re book and the booking will be considered a non advance booking and the guidelines for such will apply as above. If you are delayed please call the chauffeur and we will endeavour to make arrangements to ensure the minimum vehicle delay.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Child or booster seats are available on request. It is the responsibility of the client to give us notice at the time of booking to ensure availability. We will not be held liable if a transfer cannot be completed due to failure to notify us.
- The quantity of luggage items allowed depends on the type of vehicle used.
- All passengers’ luggage must be clearly labelled with the owner’s name and destination address.
- Passengers are limited to one main item of luggage plus a ski or snowboard bag and a boot bag, any excess luggage must be declared at the time of booking. We reserve the right to charge an extra fee for items exceeding this allowance or refuse to transport the items. Please note: ski and board bags may be carried on the exterior of the vehicle.
- If your baggage has failed to arrive, please make contact immediately with our chauffeur as he will need to be made aware of your delay.
- We shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused to luggage accompanying passengers except where negligence on our behalf.
- Any vehicle operated or controlled by us is fully insured and licensed to carry passengers under French law however the client’s luggage is carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted by us for loss or damage. The client should therefore ensure they have contracted appropriate travel insurance to cover this if they require.
- Any refreshments must be consumed whilst the vehicle is NOT in transit (pre-departure or at stops during the journey).
- Refreshments are available on request and charged as extra. If you would like refreshments, please indicate this on your booking form.
Domain of Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions shall not affect the client’s statutory rights under French law.
- French law governs these terms and conditions.